Job Type: Full Time
In general, a Cryptocurrency Analyst is responsible for analyzing and predicting trends, pricing, demand, and trading volumes of any number of cryptocurrencies currently available. This may entail analyzing the cryptocurrency market as a whole or analyzing specific currencies.
An analyst may be responsible for directing a firm’s investment of capital or its client-facing outlooks on the cryptocurrency markets.
- A cryptocurrency analyst will need to have excellent research and analytical skills, as one of the main functions of the job is collecting data and creating usable recommendations
- Skills in mathematics, such as the ability to chart data, plot graphs, and calculate price points, are also required
- It is likely an analyst will work as part of a team, so communication skills are a big plus, as well as being able to concisely and accurately present findings, either directly to other individuals or within a document or deck
- Research and critical-thinking skills, math skills, teamwork and presentation skills, applicable knowledge of cryptocurrencies and their various markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance; an understanding of supply and demand, primary and secondary market, as well as economics
- The licenses offered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) is a plus
- Certified Bitcoin Professional is a plus