As a Data Scientist, you’ll be part of a team that’s leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in distributed computing technologies and operating across massive data sets to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and difficulty in their financial lives.
- Evaluating the landscape of tools to understand what will unlock new capabilities and performance and what is just a distraction.
- Leading multiple teams and initiatives involving exploration and analysis of data across a variety of data platforms.
- Motivating and mentoring a team of data scientists to grow their skills and careers.
- Leveraging extensive, deep technical knowledge and team leadership skills to drive the development of data science solutions and implement data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Building relationships across the external data science community to continue shaping the data science brand and attracting top-tier talent.
The Ideal Candidate will be
Technical: You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions, from concept to production, and selecting the right tool for the job at hand. You understand modern cloud computing. You have experience prototyping and implementing data science solutions in an enterprise. You know Python, Scala, and/or R.
Communicator: You can communicate complex ideas clearly. Your team knows their priorities and you manage expectations with your broader cross-functional stakeholder network ad leadership team
Innovative: You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and models.
Business-Minded: You can analyze customer needs and drive towards impactful business outcomes.
Leader: You challenge conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and you work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo.
- At least 3 years of experience mentoring junior data scientists and providing technical governance and oversight.
- At least 2 years of experience in Spark, Hbase, Camel, Hadoop and Oozie.
- At least 1 year of Cloudera experience.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, CS or related area plus 3 years of industry experience.
- At least 3 years of coding experience with open source programming languages such as Python, R or Scala.
- At least 3 years of experience in data visualization tools like Power BI.
- At least 3 years of experience architecting machine learning systems.
- At least 3 years of experience working with AWS, Azure, or a similar cloud platform.
- At least 1 year of experience with Smart City and data from IOT sensors.
- At least 2 years of experience in building chatbots